The Lifelong Learning Institute is offering over 100 enriching and creative classes this summer for students entering kindergarten through grade 12.
The Summer Art Institute - the week of June 23
Classes for students in grades 6 through 12: Green Architecture Design, Mixed Media & Painting, Painting Furniture Too, Drawing & Painting, and Digital Photography.
For students in grades 10 & 11: Exploring Art
For students in grades 11 & 12: Portfolio Preparation & Open Studio
Summer Math Academy - two weeks, from June 30 to July 11 (no class July 4)
Classes for students entering grades 1 - 8 who want to explore and enrich their knowledge of mathematics.
STAR - four, 1-week sessions, from July 7 to August 1
Many of the classes are full; however, we have openings in the following classes:
- Dinosaurs are Awesome, Pirates of the Caribbean, Tee Ball, and Soccer - students entering grades K & 1
- Weird, Wacky Sports, Water Wizz, Cooking up Fun, and Itty Bitty Acting - students entering grades 1 & 2
- Oceans of Fun 1 - students entering grade 1
- Oceans of Fun 2 - students entering grade 2
- Lego Creations - students entering grades 3, 4 & 5
- Harry Potter O.W.L. and Harry Potter N.E.W.T - students entering grades 3, 4 & 5
- A to Z Mysteries - students entering grades 3, 4 & 5
- Guitar Club - students entering grades 3, 4, 5 & 6
- Rocketry -students entering grades 5 & 6
Summer Music - two weeks, from July 21 to August 1
Music Classes include: Elementary Strings - for students entering grades 4 & 5 with 1 year of playing experience; Summer Orchestra - for students entering grades 5 through 9 with 2 years of playing experience; Concert Band - for students entering grades 5 though 9 with 1 year of playing experience; Jazz Band Workshop - for students entering grades 9 through 9 with 2 years of playing experience; and, Summer Glee - for students entering grades 4 though 7 with an interest in singing.
To learn more about these and other activities, visit our website: http://cfweb.smartedu.net/lll/LSDOofferings.cfm?tbl=course_sums